Great-tasting, chewable zinc tablet
- Provides 10 mg of zinc citrate per chewable tablet
- Helps to support immune function
- Helps to maintain healthy bones, hair, nail and skin
- Delicious natural orange flavour
Zinc chewables feature 10 mg of elemental zinc as zinc citrate per tablet, and are suitable for ages 4 and up as a delicious option to help meet daily zinc requirements. Zinc is an important trace element in the body.1 It plays a key role in maintaining immune health by stimulating the production of immune cells, regulating natural killer cell activity and mediating cytokine production.1,2 Clinical research has demonstrated that daily supplementation with zinc helps to maintain immune function in adults and children.3,4 Zinc also has a long history of use in dermatological health.5 It helps to maintain immune function in the skin, while promoting collagen synthesis to help maintain skin structure.6 Additionally, zinc has a role in maintaining hair and nail health, and maintains bone health by regulating bone formation and resorption.5,7-9 Zinc chewables are delicious, naturally orange-flavoured chewable tablets ideal for anyone 4 years and older who have difficulty or dislike swallowing capsules.
1. Chasapis, CT, Loutsidou, AC, Spiliopoulou, CA, Stefanidou, ME. Arch Toxicol. 2012; 86(4): 521-34.
2. Prasad, AS. Adv Nutr. 2013; 4(2): 176-190.
3. Eby, GA, Davis, DR, Halcomb, WW. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1984; 25(1): 20-24.
4. Rerksuppaphol, S, Rerksuppaphol, L. Pediatr Rep. 2016; 8(4): 63-7.
5. Gupta, M, Mahajan, VK, Mehta, KS, Chauhan, PS. Dermatol Res Pract. 2014; 2014; 709152.
6. Bhowmik, D, Chiranjib, Kumar, KPS. Int J Pharm Biomed Sci. 2010; 1(1): 5-11.
7. Finner, AM. Dermatol Clin. 2013; 31(1): 167-72.
8. Cashman, MW, Sloan, SB. Clin Dermatol. 2010; 28(4): 420-5.
9. EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products Nutrition and Allergies. EFSA J. 2009; 7(9):1229.