TBMP (Medulla Complex)
Thiamine and choline for optimal health
• Helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins
• Helps in normal growth
• Helps to prevent thiamine deficiency
• Provides 24 mg of thiamine per daily dose
• Includes 100 mg of choline per daily dose
TBMP is a combination of thiamine and choline, two factors in the maintenance of good health. Thiamine is an essential cofactor in carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism.1 It is necessary for the normal activity of four enzymes involved in: 1) conversion of pyruvate into acetyl-CoA for energy production in the Krebs cycle; 2) conversion of α-ketoglutarate into succinyl CoA in the Krebs cycle; 3) synthesis of nucleic acids and lipids; 4) breakdown of branched-chain amino acids.1 As thiamine is involved in the synthesis of glucose in the Krebs cycle, decreased levels of the vitamin are associated with reduced synthesis of ATP for energy production.1 Deficiencies in thiamine may also lead to decreases in complexin I and II, proteins that regulate the release of neurotransmitters.2 Choline is an essential nutrient that can be converted into phosphatidylcholine, an important component of lipid membranes, or acetylcholine, a key neurotransmitter involved in learning and sleep.1,3
1. Combs, GF. (2012). The Vitamins (4th ed.). USA: Elsevier.
2. Abdou, E, Hazell, AS. Neurochem Res. 2015; 40: 353-361.
3. Li, Z, Vance, DE. J. Lipid Res. 2008; 49: 1187-1194.