Super Neurogen DHA
Algae-derived DHA capsules
• Helps to support neurological function
• Provides 400 mg DHA from algal oil per daily dose
Super Neurogen DHA is an effective source of the omega-3 fatty acid DHA that helps to support neuronal health. DHA is the most abundant omega-3 fatty acid in the brain, where it mediates cell differentiation, apoptosis, and the transportation of ions across channels.1 It is also present on neuronal synapses, demonstrating its primary role in supporting cognitive function.2 DHA supplementation has also been associated with the maintenance of neuron function in the hippocampus, a region of the brain associated with memory.1 Recent research demonstrates that DHA deficiency decreases the level of brain-derived neurotropic factor in the hypothalamus and hippocampus, which is necessary for brain plasticity and function.3 Neuroprotectin D1, a metabolite of DHA, has also been shown to maintain neuronal cell function after exposure to oxidative stress.4
1. Cederholm, T, Salem, NJ, Palmblad, J. Adv Nutr. 2013; 4(6): 672–676.
2. Kidd, PM. Alternative Medicine Review. 2007; 12(3): 207-227.
3. Bhatia, HS, Agrawal, R, Sharma, S, Huo, YX, Ying, Z, Gomez-Pinilla, F. PLoS One. 2011; 6(12): e28451.
4. Bazan, NG, Musto, AE, Knott, EJ. Mol Neurobiol. 2011; 44: 216–222.