Super EFA Liquid Plus CoQ10
Cardiovascular support combination
• Provides 815 mg of EPA and 585 mg of DHA per daily dose
• Contains 50 mg of CoQ10 per dose
• Helps to reduce serum triglycerides
• A source of antioxidants for the maintenance of good health
Super EFA Liquid Plus CoQ10 is a combination of CoQ10 and essential omega-3 fatty acids that helps to maintain optimal health. As CoQ10 is involved in the transportation of electrons in the mitochondria and is needed for the production of ATP,1 it is present in tissues with high metabolic activity, including the heart.2 CoQ10 is also an important intracellular antioxidant that supports overall wellbeing by scavenging free radicals and decreasing oxidative damage to DNA.3 EPA and DHA further maintain optimal health by decreasing triglyceride levels.4 Specifically, they decrease fat production and increase ß-oxidation of fatty acids in the liver.5 This results in fewer triglycerides available for the production of very low density lipoproteins, molecules that transport lipids throughout the body.4,6 In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving 67 overweight adults, supplementation with 1.56 g of EPA and DHA daily for 12 weeks lowered serum triglyceride levels by 26%.7
1. Juan Garrido-Maraver, J, Cordero, MD, Oropesa-Ávila, M, Fernández Vega, A, de la Mata, M, Delgado Pavón, A, de Miguel, M, Pérez Calero, C, Villanueva Paz, M, Cotán, D, Sánchez-Alcázar, JA. Molecular Syndromology. 2014; 5: 187-197.
2. de Frutosa, F, Geab, A, Hernandez-Estefaniaa, R, Rabagoa, G. Interact CardioVasc Thorac Surg. 2015; 20(2): 254-259.
3. Flowers N, Hartley L, Todkill D, Stranges S, Rees K. The Cochrane Library. 2014; 12: 1-43.
4. Davidson, MH. The American Journal of Cardiology. 2006; 98(4A): 27i-33i.
5. Mozaffarian D, Wu, JHY. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2011; 58(20): 2047-2067.
6. Estronca, LMBB, Filipe, HAL, Salvador, A, Moreno, AJ, Vaz, WLC. Journal of Lipid Research. 2014; 55: 1033-1043.
7. Milte, CM, Coates, AM, Buckley, JD, Hill, AM, Howe, PRC. British Journal of Nutrition. 2008; 99: 1083–1088.