Emulsified EPA and DHA for the maintenance of good health
• Helps support cognitive health and brain function
• Helps support the development of the brain, eyes and nerves in children and adolescents
• Helps maintain cardiovascular health and reduce serum triglycerides in adults
• Provides 280 mg of EPA and 205 mg of DHA per teaspoon
Fruit EFA is a combination of omega-3 fatty acids that helps to support cardiovascular and brain health, and is a good alternative for people who have difficulty swallowing capsules. Emulsified oils have superior absorption than fish oils.1 They are better exposed to pancreatic lipase during digestion, allowing their enhanced incorporation into chylomicrons for transport through the body.1 EPA and DHA alter gene expression in the liver, resulting in increased ß-oxidation of fatty acids and decreased triglyceride synthesis.2 In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving 67 overweight adults, supplementation with 1.92 g of EPA and DHA daily for 12 weeks lowered serum triglyceride levels by 26%.3 Supplementation with fish oils has also been associated with the maintenance of neuron function in the hippocampus, a region of the brain associated with memory; this indicates that EPA and DHA may improve cognition.4 DHA is also essential in supporting pre- and postnatal brain development, and proper retinal structure and visual acuity in infants.5
1. Garaiova, I, Guschina, IA, Plummer, SF, Tang, J, Wang, D, Plummer, NT. Nutrition Journal. 2007; 6: 4-12.
2. Mozaffarian, D, Wu, JHY. 2011; 58(20): 2047-2067.
3. Milte, CM, Coates, AM, Buckley, JD, Hill, AM, Howe, PRC. British Journal of Nutrition. 2008; 99: 1083–1088.
4. Cederholm, T, Salem, NJ, Palmblad, J. Adv Nutr. 2013; 4(6): 672–676.
5. Kidd, PM. Alternative Medicine Review. 2007; 12(3): 207-227.