Antioxidant and multivitamin combination for optimal health
- Helps to maintain the body's ability to metabolize nutrients
- Provides support for healthy glucose metabolism
- Aids in the maintenance of bones, connective tissue formation and teeth
- Helps to maintain eyesight and night vision
- Supports healthy skin and membranes, the immune system and proper muscle function
- Helps prevent deficiency of various vitamins and minerals
Maxum Multi Vite is a multivitamin formula that also provides antioxidants for the maintenance of good health. Selenium is necessary for the production of selenoproteins, including glutathione peroxidases and selenoprotein P, which are involved in the antioxidant defense system.1 Vitamin C is the most important aqueous antioxidant in the plasma, interstitial fluid and soluble compartment of cells.2 As the first line of defense in these areas, vitamin C prevents free radical damage to DNA, and helps recycle vitamin E to protect against oxidative damage in lipid membranes.2 B vitamins help mediate hundreds of enzymatic reactions, including the metabolism of nutrients.2 Niacin and thiamine help provide substrates for energy production in the Krebs cycle, while folate and vitamins B6 and B12 help convert homocysteine to methionine.2 Chromium promotes healthy glucose metabolism by helping to regulate glucose uptake in cells and promote its storage as glycogen.3,4 Beta-carotene is a provitamin A carotenoid pigment naturally found in plants.5 As it can be converted into vitamin A in the body, it is an important source of vitamin A to help maintain eyesight, skin, membranes, and immune function.5
1. Schomburg, L, Kohrle, J. Mol. Nutr. Food Res. 2008; 52: 1235-1246.
2. Combs, GF. (2012). The Vitamins (4th ed.). USA: Elsevier.
3. Hua, Y, Clark, S, Ren, J, Sreejayan, N. J Nutr Biochem. 2012; 23(4): 313-319.
4. Newsholme, P, Cruzat, V, Arfuso, F, Keane, K. The Journal of Endocrinology, 221(3): R105-R120.
5. Ruhl, R. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society. 2007; 66: 458-469.