16-strain probiotic combination
- Provides 15 billion CFU per dose
- 16 probiotic strains providing comprehensive support for intestinal health
- Long-term maintenance probiotic for the temporary modification of gut flora
- No refrigeration necessary
- Potency guaranteed through expiration
HMF® Multi Strain is a comprehensive combination of 16 probiotic strains to support a healthy normal digestive flora. Each shelf-stable capsule provides a variety of lactic acid bacteria (LAB) strains to support a favourable gut microflora in both the small and large intestines.1 HN019, a probiotic strain included in this formula, was shown in a placebo-controlled trial to promote a healthy gut flora.2 It significantly increased Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli counts, while reducing the population of Enterobacteria (a genus that includes many pathogenic bacteria).2 Similarly, Genestra’s HMF probiotic consortium, Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60 and CUL-21), Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20) and Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34), contained in HMF® Multi Strain has been demonstrated in clinical trials to support intestinal comfort and promote a healthy microflora balance in the gastrointestinal tract.3-5 This convenient shelf-stable format has potency guaranteed through expiration and may improve patient compliance.
1. Govender M, Choonara YE, Kumar P, du Toit LC, van Vuuren S, Pillay V. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2014 Feb;15(1):29-43.
2. Ahmed M, Prasad J, Gill H, Stevenson L, Gopal P. Impact of consumption of different levels of Bifidobacterium lactis HN019 on the intestinal microflora of elderly human subjects. J Nutr Health Aging. 2007 Jan-Feb;11(1):26-31.
3. Williams EA, Stimpson J, Wang D, Plummer S, Garaiova I, Barker ME, et al. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2009 Jan;29(1):97-103.
4. Madden JA, Plummer SF, Tang J, Garaiova I, Plummer NT, Herbison M, et al. Int Immunopharmacol. 2005 Jun;5(6):1091-7.
5. Plummer SF, Garaiova I, Sarvotham T, Cottrell SL, Le Scouiller S, Weaver MA, et al. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2005 Jul;26(1):69-74.