Berry EFA Plus
Emulsified EPA and DHA formula
• A source of omega-3 fatty acids for the maintenance of good health
• Helps support cognitive health and brain function and the development of the brain, eyes and nerves in children and adolescents
• Helps maintain and support cardiovascular health and helps reduce serum triglycerides in adults
• Provides 250 mg of EPA and 187.5 mg of DHA per teaspoon
• Provides 15 mg of anthocyanins per teaspoon
• Delicious natural berry flavour
Berry EFA Plus is an effective combination of omega-3 fatty acids and anthocyanins that helps to support cardiovascular health. Emulsified oils have superior absorption than fish oils.1 They are better exposed to pancreatic lipase during digestion, allowing their enhanced incorporation into chylomicrons for transport through the body.1 EPA and DHA alter gene expression in the liver, resulting in increased ß-oxidation of fatty acids and decreased triglyceride synthesis.2 In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving 67 overweight adults, supplementation with 1.28 g of DHA and EPA daily for 12 weeks significantly lowered serum triglyceride levels.3 Berry EFA Plus provides 15 mg of anthocyanins per teaspoon, which is equivalent to approximately 75 g of fresh strawberries,4 and is a good alternative for people who have difficulty swallowing capsules.
1. Garaiova, I, Guschina, IA, Plummer, SF, Tang, J, Wang, D, Plummer, NT. Nutrition Journal. 2007; 6: 4-12.
2. Mozaffarian, D, Wu, JHY. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2011; 58(20): 2047-2067.
3. Milte, CM, Coates, AM, Buckley, JD, Hill, AM, Howe, PRC. British Journal of Nutrition. 2008; 99: 1083–1088.
4. da Silva, L, Escribano-Bailo, MT, Perez Alonso, JJ, Rivas-Gonzalo, JC, Santos-Buelga, C. LWT - Food Science and Technology. 2007; 40(2); 374-382.