A Thought Leadership Guide to Immune Health
The Immune Health Thought Leadership Guide is an advanced, carefully considered immune support strategy to help complement the existing strategies and product selections used in your practice today.
Developed by our consortium of functional and integrative medicine experts from around the world from U.S., Canada, U.K. and Australia, and led by functional immunologist Sam Yanuck D.C., FACFN, FIAMA+
This guide is based on scientific research and the clinical experience of our Key Opinion Leaders around the world+ with wide-ranging expertise in hormones, the elderly, metabolic health, immune support, gastrointestinal health and more. It was developed using counsel and direction from leading immunology expert, Sam Yanuck D.C., FACFN, FIAMA, an adjunct assistant professor in the Program on Integrative Medicine, UNC School of Medicine, Founder of the Yanuck Center for Life and Health, and Creator of the acclaimed Cogence® Immunology online functional immunology course.
This guide is designed to advantage the immune system in five key ways:
- Ensure optimal nutrient status and offer foundational support for the immune system
- Encourage NK (natural killer) cell activity for first-line support
- Boost Th1 response, for innate immunity and cell-mediated defense
- Maintain cytokine balance, in part by targeting NLRP & NF-κB pathways
- Promote a healthy stress response and calm, for restorative support of immune function
How to Get Started:
- Choose products from each category, to advantage the immune system. The products in each category are listed in order of priority. Particularly important ingredients are denoted by a blue background.
- Personalize your choices based on the needs of the patient and the accessibility and priority of the ingredient.
- Implement your choices with healthy diet and lifestyle practices, as provided in the Diet & Lifestyle Tips To Support Immune Health guide.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of all immune products offered by brand. To browse all immune support products by brand, please visit GenestraBrands.ca, PureEncapsulations.ca, and DouglasLabs.ca.
Diet & Lifestyle Tips to Support Immune Health
Nutritional supplementation is important to support a healthy immune system, but so is proper diet and lifestyle modifications. For well-rounded immune support, follow the tips included in our Diet & Lifestyle guide to help manage nutrient-rich food choices, how you can conveniently exercise from the comfort of your own home, the importance of taking time to relax and de-stress, and more.
+Our medical consultants are retained advisors to Genestra Brands, Pure Encapsulations, and Douglas Laboratories.